Ever since Wealthy Single Mommy named Little Hands Bank as the first recipient of the Kickass Single Mommy grant, we’ve been overwhelmed with messages of support and interest!
Many of you have asked how you can help if you don’t have used books to donate or if you’re not in the North Texas area. Here are five easy ways to help Little Hands Book Bank share the joy of reading!
- Like and Share our Facebook updates. This seems like a small thing, but it helps us reach more people.
- Donate on Facebook. Visit our Facebook page and click Donate. You’ll see a simple form where you can enter your information.
- Shop AmazonSmile and select Little Hands Book Bank as your charity. Shop like you normally would on Amazon and the AmazonSmile Foundation will make a donation equal to a percentage of your shopping total. It doesn’t cost you anything!
- Support us when you buy groceries. Little Hands Book Bank is now registered with the Tom Thumb Good Neighbor program. Our organization number is 13768. Visit our Shop and Support Us page for instructions on how to set a charity for your loyalty card. Whenever you shop with your card, they make a donation to us.
- Gift us something from our Amazon Wish List. In addition to books, our ongoing needs are for cleaning supplies and labels to cover writing that can’t be erased. When you shop our Wish List, items are shipped directly to our office.
The cool part of our mission is that the funding needed to donate and collect gently-used books is minimal. But, we do have expenses related to office/storage space, tote bags and supplies, and as we increase the number of children that we serve, the costs increase as well. Contributions of any size are genuinely appreciated. Thank you so much for your support.